Are you looking for a new job in Canada that will help you advance your career and achieve your professional goals? If so, you might be wondering how to find the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada.
There are many factors that can influence your career growth, such as the company culture, the learning opportunities, the benefits and rewards, the diversity and inclusion, and the impact of your work. However, it can be hard to assess these factors from the outside, especially when there are thousands of companies competing for your attention.
That’s why we have done the research for you and compiled a list of the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada, based on data from LinkedIn, Great Place to Work, and other reputable sources. These are the companies that offer their employees unparalleled opportunities to thrive and advance in their careers, using a variety of criteria such as:
- Employees’ ability to advance within the company and when they leave
- Skills growth and development opportunities
- Company stability and growth potential
- External opportunity and reputation
- Company affinity and engagement
- Gender diversity and representation
- Educational background and diversity
- Employee presence and impact in the country
We have also included some information about the current job openings at these companies, so you can see what kind of roles are available and how to apply. Whether you are looking for an internship, an entry-level position, or a senior-level role, you will find something that suits your skills and interests.
Without further ado, here are the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada in 2023.
Mastercard Canada is the top-ranked company on LinkedIn’s list of the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada. The global financial services company is recognized for its employee-centric approach, offering workers several weeks of remote work, providing a flexible and accommodating work environment.
Mastercard Canada also invests in its employees’ skills development, offering online courses, mentoring programs, and tuition reimbursement. The company also supports diversity and inclusion initiatives, such as Women Who Lead, Pride Network, Young Professionals Network, and Black Employee Network.
Mastercard Canada is currently hiring for various positions on its Canadian team, such as enterprise account executive, senior technical program manager, director of product delivery, senior software engineer, business analyst, and more. If you want to join a company that values innovation, collaboration, and customer focus, Mastercard Canada might be the right fit for you.
TD Bank is another prominent name in the banking sector that ranks high on LinkedIn’s list of the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada. The multinational bank offers its employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package, encompassing a wide range of benefits, such as a pension plan, an employee share ownership program, health and wellness programs, performance bonuses, and recognition awards
TD Bank also fosters a culture of learning and development, providing employees with access to online courses, coaching sessions, leadership programs, and career planning tools. The bank also promotes diversity and inclusion in its workforce, supporting various employee networks such as Women in Leadership, Black Employee Network, Pride Network, Indigenous Peoples Network, and more.
TD Bank is looking for talented individuals to join its team in various roles across Canada. Some of the current job openings include data scientist, customer experience associate, financial advisor, software engineer, project manager, business analyst, and more. If you want to work for a company that cares about its customers, employees, communities, and environment, TD Bank might be a great option for you.
Info-Tech Research Group
Info-Tech Research Group is an IT services and consulting company that ranks third on LinkedIn’s list of the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada The company provides research and advisory services to IT leaders across various industries.
Info-Tech Research Group is known for its remote work model, allowing its employees to work from anywhere in Canada. The company also offers competitive compensation packages, including base salary, performance bonuses, stock options, health benefits, retirement savings plan, and employee assistance program.
Info-Tech Research Group is hiring across a range of positions in Canada. Some of the current job openings include data analyst, product manager, account executive, research director, content strategist, web developer, and more. If you want to work for a company that values innovation, collaboration, and customer satisfaction, Info-Tech Research Group might be an ideal choice for you.
Scotiabank is another leading bank that ranks high on LinkedIn’s list of the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada The multinational bank operates in more than 55 countries around the world, serving over 25 million customers.
Scotiabank offers its employees a variety of benefits and rewards, such as competitive salaries, performance bonuses, stock options, pension plan, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and recognition awards. The bank also supports its employees’ learning and development, offering online courses, mentoring programs, career coaching, and leadership development.
Scotiabank also embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce, creating a culture of respect and belonging for all its employees. The bank supports various employee resource groups, such as Women in Leadership, Pride Network, Black Employee Network, Indigenous Peoples Network, and more.
Scotiabank is currently looking for motivated and talented individuals to join its team in various roles across Canada. Some of the current job openings include financial advisor, customer service representative, software engineer, business analyst, project manager, and more. If you want to work for a company that is committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, communities, and the environment, Scotiabank might be the perfect place for you.
Salesforce is a global leader in cloud-based software solutions that ranks fifth on LinkedIn’s list of the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada. The company provides a platform for customer relationship management (CRM) and other business applications.
Salesforce is known for its culture of trust, innovation, and equality. The company offers its employees a range of benefits and perks, such as competitive compensation packages, stock options, health and wellness programs, paid volunteer time off, education reimbursement, and more. The company also invests in its employees’ skills development, offering online courses, certifications, and career coaching.
Salesforce also supports diversity and inclusion in its workforce, creating a sense of belonging for all its employees. The company has various employee resource groups, such as Women’s Network, Pride Network, Black Employee Network, Indigenous Peoples Network, and more.
Salesforce is hiring for various positions on its Canadian team, such as account executive, solution engineer, software engineer, business analyst, project manager, and more. If you want to work for a company that empowers its customers, employees, communities, and the world, Salesforce might be an excellent option for you.
How to Apply for the Best Workplaces to Grow Your Career in Canada
If you are interested in applying for any of the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada that we have mentioned above, here are some tips to help you stand out from the crowd and land your dream job:
- Do your research: Before you apply for any job, make sure you do some research on the company, its products or services, its values and culture, and its current challenges and opportunities. This will help you tailor your resume and cover letter to highlight your relevant skills and experience, and show your enthusiasm and fit for the role.
- Update your LinkedIn profile: LinkedIn is one of the most popular platforms for recruiters and hiring managers to find and contact potential candidates. Therefore, it is important to update your LinkedIn profile with your latest achievements, skills, and endorsements. You can also use LinkedIn to follow the companies you are interested in, connect with their employees or alumni, and join relevant groups or communities.
- Prepare for the interview: Once you get invited for an interview, prepare yourself by reviewing your resume and cover letter, practicing common interview questions, and researching the company and the role. You can also use online tools such as Glassdoor or Indeed to find out what other candidates have experienced during their interviews with the company. During the interview, be confident, professional, and courteous. Show your interest and enthusiasm for the role and the company by asking insightful questions and providing specific examples of your achievements and skills.
- Follow up: After the interview, send a thank-you note to the interviewer or hiring manager within 24 hours. Express your appreciation for their time and consideration, and reiterate your interest and fit for the role. You can also use this opportunity to address any questions or concerns that were raised during the interview or provide additional information that supports your candidacy.
We hope this article has given you some useful information and inspiration on how to find the best workplaces to grow your career in Canada. Whether you are looking for a new challenge or a career change, there are plenty of opportunities waiting for you at these amazing companies. All you need to do is apply yourself and showcase your skills and potential.
Good luck with your job search!